Referenced chronologically and by topic.
- HBOT: Brain Healing Hidden in Plain Sight Combat Stress, March 2018
Honoring Those Who Have Served in the U.S. Armed Forces Hobart and William Smith Colleges, November 2017
Lives of Consequence Hobart and William Smith Colleges, October 2017
The Discarded Veteran - Independence Day 2017 LemonWire, July 2017
PTSD Treatment Restricted by Cost-Containment National Psychologist, May 23, 2017
Veteran Retreats: Immersion, Healing and Bonding in Community Combat Stress, May 2017
VA Choice Care Plan Extended Dayton Daily News, April 20, 2017
The Epidemic of Veteran Suicides Combat Stress, February 2017
Ohio Military Reserve. Columbus Dispatch July 1, 2017
Fort Hood Massacre
The is the first installment, we hope, of a full expose and a much larger story real truths behind the Fort Hood Massacre.
Mr. Howard Berry and I have labored unceasingly to obtain the long overdue recognition deserved by the victims and the benefits due them and their families. The manipulation of the facts surrounding this event is a blot on our country's honor and must be redressed.
Judicial Watch was helping in this mission, but this is no on hold due to funding issues. Here is a 9-minute video highlighting the case of one of the casualties. ( I am a survivor of the Fort Hood Massacre.) I hope that you will view this 9-minute documentary and pass it on to others so that they will be sufficiently compelled to join us in demanding justice for those who gave and continue to give the last full measure of devotion to our country.
While this national tragedy occurred 8 years ago, medical disability payments are still being denied the wounded because the shooter, Nidal Hasan, is not deemed an enemy of the state and the Fort Hood Massacre is not considered an act of domestic terrorism. There have been 6 suicides, per Mr. Berry, among the wounded and the survivors, including his beloved son.
Throughout the course of the last 5 years, I have contacted and implored 19 Congresspersons for assistance and intervention on behalf of the wounded and the families of the fallen and all of them have failed to respond to our pleas. Mr. Berry has personally contacted every single elected official in this great United States, but to no avail. Many actually slammed their doors in his face. This is purely contemptible.
Though the Purple Heart Medal was awarded to the 33 Soldiers and 13 KIA in 2015, the requisite benefits that accompany the Purple Heart have not. Furthermore, those who received other than gunshot wounds received nothing.
Please take a few minutes to watch this documentary and join us in taking action, whether active duty military, reserve forces, National Guard, civilian or simply interested in the pursuit of justice for the many victims of this tragedy.
- Hasan's Victims Struggle to Carry On-San Antonio Express. March 11, 2016
- Neglecting Fort Hood Survivors Is a National Disgrace. Time Magazine. April 19, 2016
- Fort Hood Survivors Still Struggle to Recover. May 25, 2016
- The Radicalization of Nidal Hasan- From Medical Student to Mass Murderer. Lemon Wire. August 20,2016
- The Fort Hood Massacre-a Message to the Heartless. Life Net, September 27, 2016
- A Perpetual Travesty of Justice – The Fort Hood Massacre. Lemon Wire. October 1, 2016
- The Fort Hood Massacre 7th Anniversary ~ A Tribute to the Fallen and the Wounded. Lemon Wire. November 8, 2016
- Memories of Ft. Hood rampage: 'He died at my knees.' LA Times. April 9, 2015
- Fort Hood shooting victims denied pay and benefits (Video). FOX News. March 22, 2015
- The Army’s Fort Hood Disgrace. Wall Street Journal. March 19, 2015
- Fort Hood massacre victims, wounded to get Purple Hearts. Dayton Daily News. Feb. 10, 2015
- Ft. Hood Victims May Get Purple Heart, Lingering Questions Remain. TownHall.com. Dec. 8, 2014
- Retired Col. calls for Ft Hood massacre to be labeled terrorist attack. Dayton Daily News. Nov. 14, 2014
- Killeen Worried About GI's with PTSD (pdf). San Antonio Express. April 6, 2014
- Mental Health a Focus in Shooting. Dayton Daily News. April 6, 2014.
- Fort Hood Tears Down Site Of 2009 Massacre. Huffington Post. Feb. 18, 2014
- TheBlaze Investigation: How Obama and the Army Betrayed the Victims of Fort Hood. TheBlaze.com Feb. 12, 2014
- Bury Their Purple Hearts at Ft. Hood. TownHall.com. Jan. 11, 2014
- Army Psychologist Helps Soldiers Heal. Dayton Daily News. Sept. 12, 2012
- Returning Home: Repeat deployments build trauma. Dayton Daily News. March 27, 2012
- Apparent suicide of soldier from Dayton reflects disturbing trend. Dayton Daily News. Dec. 5, 2010
- Healers Head to War, Bearing Their Own Wounds. Washington Post. Dec. 5, 2009
- Fort Hood Unit Deploys Despite Losses. AP. Dec. 4, 2009
- Editorial: Local Fort Hood Survivor, Other Reservists Deserve Healing. Dayton Daily News. Dec. 1, 2009
- Reservists become 'family' after Fort Hood tragedy. Dayton Daily News. Nov. 29, 2009
- Witnesses say reservist was Fort Hood hero. USA Today. Nov. 11, 2009
- Finally, a lot of lives are no longer on hold. San Antonio Express. Aug. 29, 2013
- Nidal Hasan sentenced to death for Fort Hood shooting rampage. Washington Post. Aug. 28. 2013
- Hasan sentenced to death for Fort Hood massacre. Military.com. Aug. 28, 2013.
- Victims' relatives saw grisly photos in Fort Hood shooting. Houston Chronicle. Aug. 25, 2013.
- Fort Hood shooter convicted; local survivor 'ecstatic' at verdict. Dayton Daily News. Aug. 23, 2013.
- Fort Hood Survivors to Face Gunman at Trial. Yahoo News. June 4, 2013
Second Fort Hood Attack
- Retired Col. Calls for Ft. Hood Massacre to be Labeled Terrorist Attack (PDF). Dayton Daily News. Nov. 14, 2014
- How to stop the next Fort Hood attack. TIME. April 3, 2014.
- Fort Hood Shooting Then and Now (video). CNN. April 3, 2014
- Platoni '74: Shock and awe again. Hobart and William Smith Colleges. April 4, 2014.
- Killeen residents worry about PTSD problem at Fort Hood. San Antonio Express News. April 6, 2014.
- Second Active Shooter At Fort Hood (video). FOX News. April 7, 2014
Women in the Military
- Could the Doula Model Work for Women Seeking Mental Health Care? 2015
- Women in combat plan opens opportunities. Dayton Daily News. Jan. 24, 2013
- Darkness Made Visible. WGAW. November/December 2012
- Military Women Coping With PTSD. BrainLineMilitary.org
- The police academy commencement speech every cop should read. Police1.com. March 12, 2015
- White House Intruder Seen as Victim of Iraq War. Express News. Sept. 26, 2014
- Soldiers Dying in Battle for Mental Health. Hartford Courant. April 4, 2014
- Christopher Dorner Not A Sociopath, Experts Say. Huffington Post. Feb. 14, 2013
- PTSD name change heartens advocates. Dayton Daily News. March 10, 2012.
- Deployed Soldiers Cope With Illness. Newsweek. March 13, 2010
- The War That Never Ends. WTOP. Dec. 21, 2009
- Army official: Suicides in January "Terrifying." CNN. Feb. 5, 2009
- Soldiers Self Harm: 'Anything Not to Go Back to Iraq.' Newsweek. June 7, 2008
- After the Shooting-Zoroya. USA Today, June 13, 2016
- Dishonorable Discharges. Columbus Dispatch June 16, 2016
- Orlando Shooting. USA Today, June 15, 2016
- VAMC Expose. Daily Caller. July 14, 2016
- IVAT Award, Hobart and William Smith Colleges. August 24, 2016
- APA Slandered Military Psychologists. April 2016
- Military Falls Short in Treating New PTSD Cases. Dayton Daily News February 19, 2016
- Special Court Helps Veterans In Trouble. The Columbus Dispatch. Dec. 14, 2015
- Platoni '74 to appear on FOX News (PDF). Hobart and William Smith Daily Update. March 20, 2015
- A Healing Force (PDF). Pulteney Street Survey. Summer 2014.
- Serving Her Country and Her Alma Mater (PDF). Wheeler Society. Summer 2014
- Local Colonel Who Survived Fort Hood Shooting Retires. Dayton Daily News. Aug. 20, 2014
- A Healing Force (PDF). Hobart and William Smith Colleges. Summer 2014
- Long War Took Toll on Local Families. Dayton Daily News. March 15, 2014